Zebra Party

I thought I would share with you the party that inspired me to start my own etsy store.  Last October, my oldest daughter turned 4 years old.  She LOVES zebras!  She really wanted to have a zebra party.  I thought it was a super cute theme and went for it!  I had to get very creative because I could not find party decor I liked.  Photos taken by Paula Stiller Photography.
Here’s the party that was featured on all the sites you see on the right side of the page.  I was so flattered to get all the attention that it did….THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Invitation designed by my little sister in Mexico.  However, the wording was put together by my friend, Bethany at Hissyfits Photography.

This was one of the very FIRST things I made for the party…..a photo frame :)

I love how she picked up her photo at the party to look at it :)
I looked for a cute party hat, but had no luck.  So, I made this one for her.  It is one of the most popular items on my etsy shop now :)

My birthday girl wore a dress purchased at a local boutique called “Glitter Box”.  Her cute zebra bracelet came from this wonderful etsy seller.
My talented mom made her zebra flip flops.  Birthday girl wanted zebra nails and she got them done 2 days before her party :)

My mom made her pretty bows as well.

My youngest daughter wore an outfit from this etsy seller.

I was inspired to make these “lollipops” by Bethany.  She had the most amazing “Sweet Shoppe” party for her daughter.  You can see her party HERE.

I made her birthday banner because I never found one I liked.  All the zebra balloons were purchased on ebay.  You can purchase one of these banners on my etsy shop as well.

I baked and decorated the cupcakes.  The cupcake liners came from HERE.  I made the cupcake toppers because I had tons of paper left from the banner.  I got the idea from the TomKat Studio.  Her toppers are fabulous if you don’t have time to make your own.  You will notice a zebra table runner.  I made that too.  You can purchase one on my etsy shop.

Her zebra cake was made by sweeticakes.  I loved it!

This cake table was my favorite!!!
The idea to make this lollipop topiary came from Bethany.  You can see the one she created HERE.

My mother-in-law drew this beautiful zebra for me.  I used it to play the “Pin The Tail On The Zebra” game.  The kids loved it!  The tail was a piece of black marabou.  The zebra print bandana was purchased at Michaels.

I set up a table with a “zebra” craft.  The idea came from this website.
You need to click where it says “zebra stripes”.  Kids have to glue black strips on the zebra like you see this little guy doing on this photo….

The kids got a paper treat bag with some cute things in it like a zebra mask, a zebra magnet, a zebra bow and bracelet for the girls, a plastic zebra animal, etc.  Boys got black and girls got pink.  I added a little pink bow to the zebra for the girls.  The printed zebra on the bag came from HERE.

My mom made the zebra masks, but I got the idea from HERE.

I made the bows for the girls…
My sister decorated a beautiful black basket where we put the treat bags.  She passed them around after the kids broke the piñata.
She also made these gorgeous zebra chocolates wrapped with zebra ribbon.

I am not one to mail “thank you” cards after the party.  I prefer to give a photo magnet to each family before they leave.  I also gave them a zebra cellophane bag with white mints.  The bags were purchased on ebay.

I’ve never created a “candy buffet” table.  The first time I saw one was on “Swanky Tables” blog.  You can view many ideas under the category “candy stations”.  Click HERE to go straight there.

b.a.s.h.f.u.l. custom events blog was my inspiration for the little candy signs…..

There’s always something that goes wrong or doesn’t turn out how you thought it would right?  Well…I ran out of tables!  I had to combine the candy buffet table with the gifts table :(:(  I made a sign for the gift table too..

Do you see the zebra print paper lanterns?  I bought them on ebay.

We had a big crowd of people.  There were 33 kids and 30 adults!

Thank you for visiting!
I hope you find some great ideas for your own zebra birthday party!
Feel free to ask any questions :)

34 Comments

1. Posted January 24, 2014 at 1:40 pm

This zebra party is totally amazing! Absolutely awesome and great attention to detail! Feeling very inspired as I LOVE zebras and am thinking of doing a zebra themed party for my 30th! I have even written a children’s book with audio for the iPad about ‘The Zebras of Zanzibar Zoo’ ! Seeing as your daughter loves zebras I thought she might like to check it out: goo.gl/uSPLs :)

2. tina
    Posted August 18, 2012 at 10:42 am

Very nice.

3. Sarah
    Posted July 2, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Where can I find a zebra print table runner?

4. Bruna
    Posted March 14, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I found your blog because I was looking for zebra's parties cause my birthday will be zebra themed. But I am turning 34! Just 30 more than your daughter LOL Nice blog! :)

5. Anonymous
    Posted February 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm

thanks you are the best your party ideas and description has really helped me, thanks

6. A To Zebra Celebrations
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 6:02 am

Yes, those were horses molds. I bought them on this site- http://www.sugarcraft.com/ I don't know if they have them anymore.

7. mimohouse
    Posted January 10, 2012 at 4:52 am

Just wondering… did you use a Horses mold for the chocolate suckers? I love this idea, but can't seem to find a mold for a Zebra…

8. Anonymous
    Posted December 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm

WOW! that was amazing.you inspired me.thank you for sharing these wonderful ideas!!!

9. A To Zebra Celebrations
    Posted September 15, 2011 at 6:52 am

The zebra on the table was purchased at Ross. The paper is from Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabrics.

10. M&M Momma
    Posted September 4, 2011 at 6:50 am

Where would you suggest getting a zebra statue like on your cake table. Where did you get all the great paper from to make a lot of your decorations? (zebra print, pinks, etc)Thx!

11. Unknown
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 10:14 am

Soooo I'm planning my own birthday party and this just inspired me! And I'm turning 17 haha. Love love lovvveeee this :]

12. A To Zebra Celebrations
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 7:33 am

Crystal- please send me an email at atozebracelebrations@hotmail.com. I don't know where to respond. Thanks!!

Suzy- I sell the table runners in my shop: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61565304/zebra-table-runner

Michael- the pink suckers are from Mexico. I have some bags if you'd like to purchase. Email me at atozebracelebrations@hotmail.com

13. CrystalLynne
    Posted July 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I LOOOOVE THIS!! My daughter's first birthday theme is zebra print & Pink. My question to you is, where did you get the magnets?

14. SUZY
    Posted May 15, 2011 at 6:57 pm

what did you use as table runners? i am planning a baby shower and we're looking for zebra print runners for tables.

15. Michael
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 12:51 am

Where did you find the pink wrapped suckers? I am looking everywhere!

16. A To Zebra Celebrations
    Posted March 2, 2011 at 3:57 am

If you have posted a question for me on here, please send an email to atozebracelebrations@hotmail.com. I haven't been able to respond to you, either because your blog is unavailable or I don't have an email address to respond. Thanks so much! Your comments mean a lot to me. I love to respond to your questions as well. ~Nancy~

17. Barbara
    Posted March 2, 2011 at 3:20 am

We really love this idea, My Granddaughter Jasmine will be 2 May 1st, and would love this idea, for her party, where would I be able to find all the party items, I saw table runner , banner, and Party hat for the birthday girl, but like cups, plates napkins an party hats for all the other kids? Thanks, for anything you can send to help me find these items. Sincerely Barbara

18. Anonymous
    Posted January 24, 2011 at 4:01 am

So cool! I love the display that the cupcakes are housed on – did you buy this? If so, where? Or was it provided by the bakery?

Thanks

19. Anonymous
    Posted January 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

This is awesome! My daughter is turning 5 and wanted a zebra print with the hot pink- possibly Barbie thrown in. Great ideas! Very creative!
    Michelle

20. Ana
    Posted October 6, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I love your birthday party! So girly and pretty:-) My god daughter is having a Quniceniera and the theme is zebra. Colors are zebra print and purple. Where did you get your zebra lanterns hanging from your patio? I did not see thoes in your este store.

21. melanie stanbery
    Posted August 16, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I love this party! My daughter was just asking me for one you gave some great ideas

22. Eileen
    Posted July 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Extremely cute! Where did you get the Zebra plates?

23. Paula Biggs
    Posted May 21, 2010 at 11:56 am

What great details! You can tell a lot of creativity and planning went into this party. Can't wait to see more. :)

Paula

24. A To Zebra Celebrations
    Posted May 21, 2010 at 5:25 am

Hi Danni,

I'm happy to answer your question. Please send me a private message at atozebracelebrations@hotmail.com

Thanks

25. Danni_girl_08
    Posted May 21, 2010 at 4:14 am

LOVE This Party! I am planning to have my little girls first birthday(in October) in pink and zebra print as well. Where did you get that Awesome pinata? Ive been lookin around for one and Cant find anything like it.

26. CupKate's And Parties
    Posted May 20, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Wow! You have two very lucky daughters!! Everything about this party is adorable.

27. cj savage
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm

oops! (having a hard time typing today!)
    great job on the party! thanks for sharing ALL the details.
    quick question- where exactly did you get the pinata? and how much do they run? thanks again! : )

28. Jennifer
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm

What a beautiful party!!! Thanks for all the details!
    ~*~
    Jennifer

29. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC.
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 4:01 pm

This is AWESOME! OK, I'm such a girl, but I love her little zebra print fingernails.

Awesome job!!!

Ebony
    sparklingeventdesigns.blogspot.com

30. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC.
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Awesome job!!!

Ebony
    sparklingeventdesigns.blogspot.com

31. Annie
    Posted May 9, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Your zebra party is my inspiration for the twins party in October. And yes, I'm going to send you a lot of questions and also need your services.

32. giovanna
    Posted May 9, 2010 at 6:33 pm

You have done a zebra party!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lucky me
    I looove you!!!!
    have to go finish a cake but I;ll be back soon.
    you are my inspiration

33. Jodee Leader
    Posted May 9, 2010 at 10:49 am

Simply put, your zebra party rocked! I was so glad Bethany forwarded it to me after she saw my zebra post! My MIL made zebra pom poms yesterday. They turned out sooo cute! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Hope you have a fun and relaxing Mother's Day!