Truthful Thursday- What’s the day like?

| My Life

clean2

My days are a crazy mess!! lol

A messy house, messy girls, messy crafts, messy mommy, you name it!!…..it’s a total wreck in here lol….I took some pics tonight of what my laundry room and the floors in the playroom look like……you see?….MESS!! :):)

I can’t keep up with this house anymore…..
I am overwhelmed
I am tired
I am cranky
I want to sleep all day and craft all night!…ha!

My poor girls….they are truly precious!  I love them and they are so patient with me.  They let me sleep in most days or I will get up, make some breakfast for them and go back to bed for an hour or so while they watch cartoons….I feel so guilty!  I need sleep though. I let them do messy projects now.  I would have never allowed this to happen 3 years ago.  I was a neat freak and my house was spotless every day!  Those days are long gone :):)

If you show up unexpectedly, don’t worry I will let you in and you will see the reality of my messy life! lol

What is your day like? similar to mine?

10 Comments

10 Comments on Truthful Thursday- What’s the day like?

1. dg
    March 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm (2 years ago)

It looks like everyone had a blast

2. Sunny
    March 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm (2 years ago)

Wow. I feel exactly the same way. My house is totally neglected and I can't seem to get back on track. Ever since I started a blog and a business it has taken over my life. I really think that creativity breeds clutter.

3. Laura Aguirre - LAURA'S little PARTY
    March 23, 2012 at 7:06 am (2 years ago)

Nancy, you & I are VERY similar. I too used to be a neat freak!! Hangars were evenly spaced, clean floors, and everything had a place! My husband & I often scratch our heads and wonder what happened to those days… I think it would be amazing to sleep all day & craft all night. I often try! But then my hubby drags me to bed at 2am because I have to wake up for work at 5am! It's a good thing you & I don't live close to each other! LOL

4. Five O' Five Design+Paperie
    March 23, 2012 at 2:16 am (2 years ago)

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one, thanks for sharing!

5. Platinum Touch Events
    March 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm (2 years ago)

I am so glad I am not alone!!! I was just having a coversation the other day where I said I don't know how these party gals do it, they make everything look so perfect…perfect house, perfect family, perfect business lol. I guess that's not the case, it's just the behind the scenes madness that people dont see. I struggle with guilt that I can't give my undivided attention to my daughters when I'm in work mode, but I always take a step back when I realize i've been working too hard and come up with some activities that we can do together, even if that means turning of my computer/phone and ONLY focusing on family time. Thanks for keeping it real Nancy!

Nikola

6. Donna
    March 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for sharing. My house is super messy. I have crafty stuff in my office and on my dinner table. I leave for work before 6 and I don't get back home after picking up my daughter from preschool until 5. Long days. So I don't feel like cleaning. Poor hubs has gotten tired of nagging at me. I have to clean up tonight since his dad is up in our area for a conference.

7. jamie@giggledustparties
    March 22, 2012 at 7:05 pm (2 years ago)

Nancy – thank you so much for sharing your mess!! Two years after starting my business I finally came to my breaking point several weeks ago and hired a cleaning lady! I was exhausted all of the time and needed to find a way to take something off of my plate. It is so nice to have a clean house every other week and has done TONS for my sanity already!! I would highly recommend it. Now to hire some help for the business side of my life :-)

8. Cris
    March 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm (2 years ago)

I know exactly how you feel Nancy!!!! Stop by today to see my BIG mess!!! lol!! My daughter's party is tomorrow …..do I need to say more? By the photos I can see that the girls had a great time making a mess!!! :)

9. Aneta Hayne
    March 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm (2 years ago)

I totally love your mess, it feels great to know that I'm not alone :) But honestly, I've REALLY heard that messy environment helps creativity to bloom ! :)So don't feel to overwhelmed. YO are one creative spirit .One day everything will be 'in order' , but I'm pretty much sure you will miss the messy days and exciting colorful crafts with kids…laundry always can wait :)

10. Nanna
    March 22, 2012 at 11:54 am (2 years ago)

I think mine is worse, ever since I stated organizing I seem to be going in circles lol, sad thing is they're all grown & gone & it's just us 2 LOL!
    Helen