Truthful Thursday- What’s the day like?

clean2

My days are a crazy mess!! lol

A messy house, messy girls, messy crafts, messy mommy, you name it!!…..it’s a total wreck in here lol….I took some pics tonight of what my laundry room and the floors in the playroom look like……you see?….MESS!! :):)

I can’t keep up with this house anymore…..
I am overwhelmed
I am tired
I am cranky
I want to sleep all day and craft all night!…ha!

My poor girls….they are truly precious!  I love them and they are so patient with me.  They let me sleep in most days or I will get up, make some breakfast for them and go back to bed for an hour or so while they watch cartoons….I feel so guilty!  I need sleep though. I let them do messy projects now.  I would have never allowed this to happen 3 years ago.  I was a neat freak and my house was spotless every day!  Those days are long gone :):)

If you show up unexpectedly, don’t worry I will let you in and you will see the reality of my messy life! lol

What is your day like? similar to mine?

10 Comments

1. dg
    Posted March 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm

It looks like everyone had a blast

2. Sunny
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Wow. I feel exactly the same way. My house is totally neglected and I can't seem to get back on track. Ever since I started a blog and a business it has taken over my life. I really think that creativity breeds clutter.

3. Laura Aguirre - LAURA'S little PARTY
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 7:06 am

Nancy, you & I are VERY similar. I too used to be a neat freak!! Hangars were evenly spaced, clean floors, and everything had a place! My husband & I often scratch our heads and wonder what happened to those days… I think it would be amazing to sleep all day & craft all night. I often try! But then my hubby drags me to bed at 2am because I have to wake up for work at 5am! It's a good thing you & I don't live close to each other! LOL

4. Five O' Five Design+Paperie
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 2:16 am

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one, thanks for sharing!

5. Platinum Touch Events
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I am so glad I am not alone!!! I was just having a coversation the other day where I said I don't know how these party gals do it, they make everything look so perfect…perfect house, perfect family, perfect business lol. I guess that's not the case, it's just the behind the scenes madness that people dont see. I struggle with guilt that I can't give my undivided attention to my daughters when I'm in work mode, but I always take a step back when I realize i've been working too hard and come up with some activities that we can do together, even if that means turning of my computer/phone and ONLY focusing on family time. Thanks for keeping it real Nancy!

Nikola

6. Donna
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Thanks for sharing. My house is super messy. I have crafty stuff in my office and on my dinner table. I leave for work before 6 and I don't get back home after picking up my daughter from preschool until 5. Long days. So I don't feel like cleaning. Poor hubs has gotten tired of nagging at me. I have to clean up tonight since his dad is up in our area for a conference.

7. jamie@giggledustparties
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Nancy – thank you so much for sharing your mess!! Two years after starting my business I finally came to my breaking point several weeks ago and hired a cleaning lady! I was exhausted all of the time and needed to find a way to take something off of my plate. It is so nice to have a clean house every other week and has done TONS for my sanity already!! I would highly recommend it. Now to hire some help for the business side of my life :-)

8. Cris
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I know exactly how you feel Nancy!!!! Stop by today to see my BIG mess!!! lol!! My daughter's party is tomorrow …..do I need to say more? By the photos I can see that the girls had a great time making a mess!!! :)

9. Aneta Hayne
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I totally love your mess, it feels great to know that I'm not alone :) But honestly, I've REALLY heard that messy environment helps creativity to bloom ! :)So don't feel to overwhelmed. YO are one creative spirit .One day everything will be 'in order' , but I'm pretty much sure you will miss the messy days and exciting colorful crafts with kids…laundry always can wait :)

10. Nanna
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 11:54 am

I think mine is worse, ever since I stated organizing I seem to be going in circles lol, sad thing is they're all grown & gone & it's just us 2 LOL!
    Helen