Search this blog
Subscribe Via Email
Get Party Inspiration
Grab A Button
Categories and Tags1st Birthday Adult Parties Baby Baby Revealing Party Baby Shower Baby Showers Birthday party Boy Parties Boys Christmas crafts Desserts DIY Easter First Birthday Free Printables Girl Parties Girls Girls Parties Giveaway Halloween Holiday Parties Holidays Homemade how to make Kids Parties Link Party Link Party Tuesday My family My life Nancy's Parties Parties Party Party Ideas Princess Party Recipes Spring party Summer Summer party Sweets Truthful Thursday Tuesday Linky Party tutorial Tutorials Valentine's Day
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Hi, everyone! It’s Samantha from Five Heart Home, and I’m excited to pop over today with a quick and easy recipe for homemade chocolate syrup!
I stopped buying the “traditional” brand of chocolate syrup several years ago in an effort to feed my family real foods made with natural ingredients. Over time, we’ve tried a few organic brands of chocolate syrup, but they never tasted quite as good as our old standby and they were quite expensive.
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have come up with a quick, easy, homemade chocolate syrup recipe that not only tastes better, but it’s also cost effective to make in big batches. I shared a very popular 5-ingredient recipe for Homemade Caramel Sauce awhile back, so I just can’t believe it took me so long to attempt a chocolate version of my own!
Now by no stretch of the imagination can chocolate syrup be considered health food, but I do love that you get to control the ingredients when you make it yourself. No crazy additives or words you can’t pronounce here…just water, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Can’t get much more straightforward than that!
I hope you have a chance to try this simple, scrumptious homemade chocolate syrup. I hope you love it as much as my family does!
- 1¼ cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small pot set over medium-high heat, mix water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in cocoa powder and salt, and continue stirring and simmering for about two more minutes or until cocoa powder is all dissolved and mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Store chocolate syrup in a jar in the refrigerator.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com.
I’d love to have you come see me at Five Heart Home sometime or join me via social media! Here are some of my latest goodies…all of these are quick and easy!
2. Quinoa Pudding (like a cross between rice pudding & tapioca!)
3. Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders with Creamy Broccoli Slaw (I have a ton of crock pot recipes for you!)